Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Delay and a Revelation

Over the weekend I made a second visit to Papago park. Chris and I had done a little wrenching to try to get the chain line proper. We had a whole afternoon of great weather ahead of us and we were both anxious to hit the trails.


Unfortunately, the drivetrain was still causing issues. After about 300 yards or so, I had at least 2 chain drops. Upon closer inspection we discovered that the chain was actually twisted! Sigh. We decided to abandon the trail and hit the shop. An afternoon of frustration isn't as fun as an afternoon of buying stuff. Before we left however, two things happened. First, we took this video:


Second, I had my first "meh" moment regarding an obstacle. It wasn't anything epic, but it was still a step forward. He tried to warn me of the little concrete drop and I didn't even really consider it. That feels like progress to me.

We picked up a new chain and he took the bike back to his house to tweak with it some more. He said it is good to go so hopefully a new update will come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment