Thursday, January 10, 2013

It's 3:45 A.M. And...

I decided I should take the time to give a brief insight as to what the purpose of this blog actually is as I realize that I may not have made it clear in my first post. This is a chronicle of the journey of a beginner mountain biker. Arizona strikes me as a state that could very well be a mecca for mountain bikers such as that of Utah or Colorado, and yet from the outside I don't know that it is. I have picked and studied various future routes and equipment and intend to document it all here. Hopefully some other n00b will find the info enlightening.

I also realized that I forgot to put up a map of the route I rode. Although I can't say anything on making it a definite practice, I will try. It was on the Hawes Pass trail out in east Mesa, AZ.

Borrowed from here

Although it says on the site that it is designed to be challenging, I don't think that it really is all that bad. Sure I had issues, but it was my very first time on a brand new bike. A couple more rides and even the technical parts could probably be conquered by a lesser rider.

Lastly, I would like to point out that I don't think of my buddy as a bad guy. He did warn me that there were some more difficult spots and I chose to ride anyway. I accept full responsibility for that, and if I really didn't like it, I wouldn't already be planning my next ride ;)

5 comments:

  1. A "lesser rider"? I see you think you're all that. You don't even consider the fact that you're as "less" as it gets. >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the lesser rider that I'm referring to. Learn some basic reading comprehension skills, then come back to me >:(

      Delete
  2. You mean "to whom I am referring." >:( Unless you consider yourself a "that" (though I wouldn't blame you >:O). Learn some remedial preschool grammar composition skills, then come back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's not what your mom said last night >:O

    ReplyDelete